Monday, June 28, 2010

One of my Chandeliers is Finally Up

I have been holding on to this chandelier for five years ever since we moved from our previous home. Of course I couldn't take the house with me, but I just couldn't leave the sea horse knobs in the bath or this sweet chandelier from the dining room. It was always too small for the room, but I just loved it!


Of course it really needed rewiring and major cleaning! It always seems so easy to take it all apart and then put it back together, but it never is! I was smart this time, though, and took photos of every part that I unscrewed or moved.
And yes, I needed the photos!


The rewiring didn't take long at all since it's just a single bulb, but I must admit that cleaning and hanging the crystals took about an hour.
In the end, though, it's definitely worth it and makes cleaning the kitchen so much more pleasant!


4 comments:

Tina said...

Your chandeliers so so beautiful - no wonder you couldn´t leave without it.
xo Tina

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

Sweet! I love vintage chandeliers...got one of my own and of course it's a great conversation piece b/c I have it hanging over my kitchen sink. And why not?

Tiedupmemories said...

Gorgeous! Love it!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I don't blame you I would of had to have taken it too. It is beautiful.
Don't you love pretty chandeliers and I always wonder the history of old ones like this and where they came from orginally.
One of the hard things about putting my home up for sale is leaving the antique fireplace with its beautiful columns and mirror and my antique front door.
Thanks for the sweet comment about my kitchen can't wait to see the ideas Dan has for it.
Love
Maggie