Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going Cottage


When we moved to our "new" house, I had two goals; only keep and decorate with things that I love or that someone in my family loved and make our home as cozy and inviting as possible. One of the things I missed most about my old house was the built in china cabinet. I was walking on air when I found this built-in corner cabinet that had been removed from an early 1900s south Texas home at my favorite antique shop! Old paint, beadboard, divided glass doors, and those cool little turn-knob latches! And when I asked if they had another one similar . . . they showed me the matching one they had in storage - and I got a discount for buying both! They fit perfectly in the corners on either side of the back window. In this photo it is still decorated for Christmas with one of my tin banners, but the heart stays up year-round!

3 comments:

Tiedupmemories said...

It's wonderful! Wow and you have two of them! Good Deal!The banner and the heart look perfect!Love the green walls in the background too!;.)
Tracy

yippeevintage said...

Wow, what a find ~ they're wonderful! My heart did a little happy dance for you and your cottage home :)
~ Angela

Finki said...

Those corner cabinets are fabulous.
welcome to blogging (: