Friday, January 30, 2009


One of the first questions I was asked after I opened my shop was if I really lived in a cottage in the sun. Well, since I'm in South Texas, I am fortunately more often in the sunshine than not!
We no longer live in our little cottage, but some day we hope to find another little cottage to call home. In the meantime, I use the memories of my favorite things to make our new home more "cottage-y." It was white when we moved in, but while "nesting" with our third child, I decided to paint it in tones that blended in with the rock on the front of the house. I won't even tell you what color it is now.

1 comment:

yippeevintage said...

Ummmm... purple? I've wondered the same thing :) Your home is cute and I love the pretty trees all around you! I used to live in a sweet cottage on a beautiful acre of land with cottage gardens that I planted around the house. It seems like a dream as I now live in a city condo ~ lol I'm definitely a fish out of water but I carry my wonderful cottage memories with me every day and hope to someday have a cottage to call my own again. Until you find your next cottage I hope you find delight in creating cottage-y atmosphere in current home :)