Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Mary Engelbreit Scottie Dog Birthday

It all started when I found some super cute scottie dog notecards in the dollar bin at Michael's on the day before I HAD to get the invitations sent out for my little one's party. I didn't have any theme in mind, so. . .

I grabbed a notepad, too, (and a few other things that I hope to show in another post). I have a huge collection of curling ribbon, so I picked some colors I liked and picked up some sidewalk chalk at the dollar bins at Target.

I ripped the plastic off the chalk and removed the paper label, too - really sticky, but doable!

I cut out the scotties from the top of the notepad and attached them to the buckets with packing tape. I just need a tiny extra piece for the bottom of the circle.


Added some curling ribbon and presto - super-cute party favors!

Of course, we had to have a coordinating outfit - mostly because I haven't sewn since Christmas and was looking for any excuse!


I found some fabric on ebay and on etsy. Unfortunately it is discontinued, so it was priced accordingly, but I didn't need much. I just used the width of the fabric for the bottom tier and subtracted about 1/4 the length for the top tier. I sewed the ribbon (both top and bottom edges) right along the seam line then sewed the bow on separately.

I found this cute ruffle shirt at Old Navy and added some ribbon to coordinate with the skirt. I pinned it right on the edge and stitched both the top and bottom edges of the ribbon. I couldn't resist making a head scarf with ribbon trim, too!

Now we just have to wait until Saturday to celebrate!

1 comment:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Totally adorable--and creative!! Her little outfit is so cute and match her party favors (which are such a good idea), I love that! lol Can't wait to see the cake.....
Smiles, Karen