Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to me - a little early



My mom surprised me today with my birthday present just a bit early!

She has very recently started creating mosaics (I think this is her 3rd or 4th piece) and made this gorgeous tray for me!


the stems are from my Gramma's brown Dot and Daisy Marcrest bowl that my kids dropped...


and the corner pieces and some flowers are from my formerly fabulous maroon Coors Rosebud oval platter that I managed to break (boo for potholes).


Thanks Mom!

5 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

Nice to get a gift that has special meaning. Lovely.

littlethings1 said...

What an adorable tray , creativity in the whole family ! You will treasure it for ever !! Hope you will have a wonderful up-coming birthday !
Eunice

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

When is your birthday! Mine is the 13th of this month. Happy Birthday to you!
Love your gift from your mom. Very pretty and something you will have and enjoy forever.
Take care
Maggie

Cottage In The Sun said...

Happy Birthday to you, too! Mine is the 14th!

Cindi @ Rustique Art said...

Happy Birthday almost! This post is just further validation as to why I have a drawer full of broken pottery! It is beautiful...you momma is very talented!