Thursday, September 24, 2009

My First Coat


For some reason I thought it would be fun to make my little one a coat. I had the pattern left over and unused from my oldest, so I took the plunge last night. I had to make huge seams and adjust the collar because of it, but I think it's going to work.

I still have all the finishing work, top stitching and hand stitching to do, but I'm so close!

Did I mention it's reversible?!

I love how the fabrics contrast. The lady who sold them to me wasn't convinced, but it turned out just like I planned. She was so sweet - "You do know that at some point both of the fabrics will show at the same time?" I told her I was going for vintage funky!

Just in case you're interested, the pattern was from 1998, it is Butterick 5714. I made the collars and pockets contrasting, whereas the pattern has them the same.



3 comments:

Lenore said...

I LOVE the "vintage funky" idea....what a darling coat. I hope the little one loves it.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

How cute!! How I wish I could sew! You did a great job on it and I know your little one will love it too!

Anonymous said...

oh, that is too cute for words. She is going to be a sweet and spicy little girl!